At Global Telecom we are committed to the protection of the natural environment in the areas where we conduct our business activities, and to manage responsibly our environmental footprint.
We aim to continually improve our environmental performance by:
- Abiding by applicable local and national environmental laws, regulations and codes of best practice.
- Implementing, maintaining and regularly reviewing appropriate environmental management systems in accordance with the ISO 14001/2004 standard and other international benchmarks in environmental protection and sustainable development.
- Identifying and monitoring the environmental impacts associated with our operations, products and services which risk leaving an impression on the natural world.
- Developing systems, practices and procedures to avoid, control or mitigate potential adverse environmental impacts (including pollution) that could arise out of our operations.
- Setting objectives and targets for managing our performance and monitoring and reporting our progress in a transparent and open manner.
- Promoting the sustainable use of resources commensurate with our operational needs; in particular incorporating energy efficiency into new buildings, services and equipment, and minimizing waste generation through the application of ‘reduce, reuse and recycle' practices wherever viable.
- Informing suppliers and business partners of this environmental policy and its requirements, and seeking to do business with partners (particularly in the case of long term partnerships) who observe the same standards.
- Raising awareness about environmental issues among our employees and business partners, and encouraging in them a sense of concern for the environment and a shared vision for developing our business sustainably.
- Sharing knowledge and environmental good practice across the group.
This policy has been communicated to all group operations, which may adopt their own policies and procedures from time to time in a manner which is consistent with the values and objectives of this policy.
At Global Telecom we recognize that reducing the impact of our operations on the environment is an important responsibility and will benefit our business and our stakeholders.
Ahmed Abou Doma, Chief Executive Officer, Orascom Telecom Holding S.A.E.