At Global Telecom, we recognize that employees are the cornerstone of our business and make our success possible. We believe that protecting their health and ensuring their safety can make a significant difference to their working and personal lives, and ultimately enhance our productivity as a business.
It is our aim to provide our employees with a safe working environment and manage any potential and actual risks to their health in our day-to-day business, by:
- Complying with applicable national and local laws, regulations and codes of best practice regarding occupational health and safety.
- Establishing and revising carefully considered occupational health and safety programs in accordance with the BSOHSAS 18001/2007 standard and other international benchmarks for health and safety applicable to our business..
- Identifying health and safety risks in the workplace and striving to control and mitigate such risks to achieve continual improvement in our health and safety performance.
- Developing specific systems, practices and procedures to prevent accidents and,if they occur, to manage them responsibly and carefully investigate the causes with the aim of introducing measures to prevent them recurring.
- Appointing a committee responsible for setting measurable objectives on health and safety, carrying out periodic reviews of our health and safety practices and performance to guide their continual improvement and development.
- Informing suppliers and business partners of the policy and its requirements, analyzing and auditing the performance of contractors from a health and safety perspective and considering the health and safety record of such parties as a part of their selection criteria.
- Ensuring that employees take responsibility for their own safety and actions; including by providing relevant employees with training on health and safety issues and by making employees aware of their rights and responsibilities under applicable policies and procedures.
- Sharing health and safety knowledge and good practice across the group.
This policy has been communicated to all group operations, which may adopt their own policies and procedures from time to time in a manner which is consistent with the values and objectives of this policy.
Ahmed Abou Doma, Chief Executive Officer, Global Telecom Holding S.A.E.